Monday, August 3, 2009

guess who?

A lot of things have happened since my last entry. So much, in fact, I decided it was worth it to start up this blog again. I’m never going to “get over” the filly, but I can at least honor what time I had with her by keeping this blog going – this blog I’ve dedicated to her.

First off, I went to horse camp. My first sleep-away camp, actually, if you don’t call that sea-camp I went to for 3 days – true, it was sleep-away, but I don’t consider that to be camp. I mean, after all, I went with all my friends, and I roomed with my besties… it’s just not the same thing, you know?
I’ll go into more detail about horse camp tomorrow – I promise I won’t forget! – but right now I just wanted to make a quick update. I don’t have much time, as Bonnie’s sleeping over (:-D) and we’re going to set up the air mattresses very soon.

Okay, so I’ve been reading the Clique series (I admit it! It’s fluff, okay? My guilty pleasure) lately, and I feel like taking a leaf out of the main character, Massie’s, book. She makes “state of the union” lists, and shows what’s in and what’s out. It’s a pretty spiffy way of organising things, actually, so I’m going to give it a shot. First I’ll post the order, then what I meant by the “in” and “out.” For it to make sense, you really have to read it left-to-right, instead of first the “in” things and then the “out”. ‘Kay?

August 1st: Current State of the Union
In…………………Out
Pies………………Flies
Jordan Pruit……………Taylor Swift
Green……………Pink

@ “Pies & Flies” – I came back from horse camp Sunday afternoon (around 11), and I was really hungry. At camp, they made all our food for us – no microwavable burritos! Imagine that! – so I wasn’t looking forward to driving allll the way back home, and then making my own dinner. (Ick.) So we bought a pie – a yummy apple pie! Woot! The flies reference seems obvious – all the pie, without the flies. Hee hee~

@ “Jordan Pruit & Taylor Swift” – On Sunday night (8/1) my sister, Nica, Lexa and I went to Demi Lovato’s concert. Jordan Pruit was one of the two opening acts (the other was David Archuleta). After the concert, Jordan Pruit signed autographs. She was really nice – we met her! She signed my shoe, Nica’s cup, Jill’s paper, and Lexa’s program. Taylor Swift was always Nica’s idol, but upon meeting Jordan, that suddenly changed. Nica has now decided Pruit is her favorite artist (JB being her favorite band), her idol, and she’s set off to learn all of her songs. @-@; Ah, Nica. She’s so… obsessive sometimes. I love her, though!

@ “Green & Pink” – Upon going to camp, I guess I… matured a little. Well, maybe immatured! Basically, now I’m a lot more interested in guys (before I was like, “Sure, he’s cute, whatever, I don’t care.” It wasn’t that I didn’t notice – it just seemed unimportant) and less… babyish stuff. Like the color pink and stuffed animals. My room is hot and baby pink – gah! It’s so hot in there because of the color. I’d love to repaint it seafoam green. I thought about putting “In: Boyfriends” and “Out: Best Friends,” but that’s not true. I’ll always love my girlies more <3.

That’s all for now. I swear I’ll update tomorrow. I just don’t have time right now! :’( I’ve missed writing, though – I didn’t realise that.
Love, TBK

written from my laptop, finished 11 49 PM [Mon, August 03, 2009]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © 2009 TBK's Barn Life

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika