Wednesday, February 17, 2010

english assignment - filly

First we met,

On that fateful summer’s day

First I saw you,

And my heart melted

Faster than the sun would allow

Your eyes were soft and trusting

Although your plight was great

My heart went out to you

And so our bond was made

You knew me more than others

You came at a single call

My heart would swell with love

When I looked at you

But then you went away

And my dreams and hopes

Were crushed by cruel reality

Yet I could not stop myself

From wishing, praying, yearning

To see you again

One day a message came

That made my heart spring forth

And jump for joy

I could not believe

The words I read

How long had it been?

A month?

A week?

A year?

But you had returned

Soon I was able

To see you again

But now you do not remember

Those fateful summer days

When I would laugh and cry with you

And we would escape reality together

Now I can’t help but build up a wall

Between us – you and I

A wall I never before

Would have dared to create

For what will happen now?

Will it be a month?

A week?

A year?

When will I lose you again

To cruel reality?

How can I bear it again

The pain that I went through

But how can I stand

To not reach out to you?

You’re different now—

They’ve changed you

But your heart is still the same

Your soul, too

Remains as it was

On that fateful summer’s day

Love, something in

My gut tells me

To give it one more try

And that “to love and lose

Is better than not to love

You at all”

Let’s do this now, together

Working at it

You and me

Let’s do this now, together

We’ll make it, girl

You’ll see

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © 2009 TBK's Barn Life

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika